- 1 French baguette (large, cut into one inch cubes)
- 7 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (cold and cut into cubes)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- maple syrup (for serving)
|Calories560Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Rachel 25 days ago
Was a huge hit ! Have made this 3x since. I .like to use actual French bread ($1 bread at Walmart rather than the actual baguette.) I’ve used both types of bread and the baguette come out a bit tough . I leave the French bread out for a bit, say a half a day, to become a bit stale and then cut it up and soak the pieces overnight . Terrific recipe . Reheats for days to come .
Tremaine F. 12 Jun 2018
turned out great. i ended up using icing over the top instead of maple syrup
Becca M. 24 May 2018
So delicious! Took to a potluck brunch, it was a hit. We have chickens, so I’m always looking for creative recipes to use a few eggs. Will definitely make again. I cut the amount of sugar in half, I do for most recipes.
Christy 20 Jan 2018
Best French toast ever.
Ruth V. 1 Jan 2018
Not too sweet but sweet enough and moist enough that no syrup or topping needed.
Criddles 12 Sep 2017
So tasty! The whole family loved it!