One of my favorite comfort foods !https://paticlark.wordpress.com/2013/04/15/french-onion-soup-glutendairy-free/
- 3 tablespoons soy (Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread, free)
- 6 white onions (or large yellow, about 4 pounds, halved and cut into 1/4 inch slices)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 32 ounces beef broth (Wolfgang Puck)
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme (From my herb garden)
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 slices gluten-free bread (choice 1/2 inch slices, toasted)
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella (Flavor Rice Shreds-Galaxy Nutritional Foods)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup worcestershire sauce
- Cut onions into thin slices . Place butter spread and olive oil into the pressure cooker. Add minced garlic. Add all the onions and saute until slightly browned. Add the fresh thyme. Remove from the stem. Add the Worcestershire sauce. Cover and cook for 30 minutes. If you don’t have a pressure cooker use a Dutch Oven and place in the oven covered for 1 hour. After the 30 minutes of cooking the onions will be soft,brown in color and reduced in volume. Add the sherry for deglazing by scraping all the sides and bottom of the pot. Plus the sherry adds great flavor. Stir in broths, bay leaf, Herbes de Provence, salt & pepper. Continue to cook on high heat and bring to simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
- To Serve Set oven setting to BROIL on high temp. Fill the soup about 1 3/4 cups into an oven safe soup crocks. Top each bowl with the toasted gluten-free toast (croutons) Sprinkle the tops of the soup with the Mozzarella Flavor Rice Shreds. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly around center & edges, 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool slightly and ENJOY!!!!!
PER SERVING *
|Calories200Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.