- 1 1/4 pounds ground chuck
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (minced)
- 2 tablespoons scallions (minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups onions (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 slices baguette (Italian, cut diagonally, 1/2-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1/4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded parmesan
- Combine ground chuck, 1/4 cup parsley, scallions, salt, and pepper. Divide evenly into four portions and shape each into 1/4 to 1-inch thick oval patties. Place 2 tablespoons flour in a shallow dish; dredge each patty in flour. Reserve 1 teaspoon flour.
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium-high. Add patties and saute 3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove from pan.
- Add onions and sugar to pan; saute 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and tomato paste; saute until paste begins to brown, 1 minute. Sprinkle mixture with reserved flour, cook 1 minute. Stir in broth, wine, salt, and thyme.
- Return meat to pan; bring sauce to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve steaks on Cheese Toasts with onion sauce ladled over. Garnish with parsley and Parmesan.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place bread on a baking sheet. Combine butter, garlic, and paprika; spread on one side of each slice of bread. Combine cheeses and sprinkle evenly over butter. Bake until bread is crisp and cheese is bubbly, 10-15 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories680Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.