- 115 grams almond flour
- 200 powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup meringue
- 90 grams egg white
- 1 1/2 cups buttercream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flavoring (and color: ass of flavoring to the macaroons and buttercream.)
- Preheat oven to 300 deg F. Line baking sheets.
- Combine almond flour and confectioners sugar. set aside.
- meringue: Beat egg whites and sugar until medium stiff peaks. Fold broyage into meringue. Pipe into round disks. set aside to from skin. Make the macaroons for about 10 minutes or until just firm.
- buttercream: warm egg whites and sugar over simmering water stirring constantly. When warm, take out bowl from simmering water and beat until stiff. when cold or at room temperature, add cubed butter.
- for flavoring and color: add 1 1/2 tsp of flavoring to the macaroons and buttercream.
- assemble by putting the buttercream between the two flat sides of the macaroons.