- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 lemon (pkt Jell-0 instant pudding, flavor, 4 serv. pkg.)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup raisins (chopped)
- 1 cup tart apple (peeled & chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil, and sour cream in large mixer bowl. Blend, then beat at medium speed of electric mixer for 4 minutes. Combine raisins, apple, and spices. Mix well and stir into batter.
- Pour into greased and floured 10-inch fluted tube pan. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean and cake begins to pull away from sides of pan. Do not underbake. Cool in pan about 15 minutes. Remove from pan and finish cooling on rack. Top with Tart Lemon Glaze.
- TART LEMON GLAZE: Place 1 tablespoon softened butter or margarine in small bowl. Gradually stir in 1 cup sifted confectioners sugar blending well.
- Add 1 tablespoons lemon juice. Add 1 to 2 tsp. milk or water, a teaspoon at a time, until mixture is of glaze consistency. Spread over top of cake and allow to run down sides.
- Makes about 1/2 cup or enough for a 10-inch tube or fluted tube cake or two 9 x 5-inch loaf cakes.