- 2 cups butter (chopped)
- 14 ounces dark chocolate (chopped)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder (sifted)
- ice cream
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 3/4 cup nuts (crushed, + extra, to serve)
- 8 cups vanilla ice cream (softened)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 8 inch square cake pan with parchment paper.
- Stir butter, chocolate and sugar over low heat until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool slightly. Beat in eggs then fold in flour and cocoa powder. Transfer to prepared pan and bake for 20-25 mins, until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely. Remove from pan. Wrap in parchment paper, plastic wrap and foil. Freeze.
- To make the ice cream, stir heavy cream, brown sugar, butter and salt over low heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 3-4 mins. Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, fold crushed nuts into softened ice cream. Transfer to a large loaf pan. Swirl 2/3 cup caramel sauce through ice cream. Freeze, covered, for 2-3 hours, or until required. Freeze remaining caramel sauce until ready to use.
- Thaw brownies and caramel sauce to room temperature. Reheat caramel sauce. Serve brownies in squares topped with ice cream, caramel sauce and extra nuts.
|Calories1010Calories from Fat680|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat680|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.