Rustic and simple, these Frankfurter Puffs are a homerun! A sophisticated spin on a fan favorite are the perfect edition for a tailgate spread. Flaky puff pastry adds a buttery, crispy crunch to savory hot dogs. After rolling out and chilling the puff pastry dough, envelop hot dogs in puff pastry dough and cut into strips. Brush the puff pastry with beaten eggs and milk to add an extra crunch. Bake for 10 minutes and enjoy!
- 1 piece puff pastry
- hot dogs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Roll out the pastry to a 33 centimeter by 15 centimeter rectangle about 3 millimeters thick.
- Cut into 2 pieces: A 14 centimeter by 15 centimeter piece and and 18 centimeter by 15 centimeter piece.
- Place pastry in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Arrange the frankfurters on the small rectangle, about 2 to 3 centimeters apart.
- Remove the pastry from the refrigerator and brush the pastry with the beaten egg and milk.
- Cover with the larger piece of pastry and press down gently with fingertips around the frankfurters.
- Trim the edges and cut into 1.5-centimeter slices.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.