- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 5 bread rolls (slightly stale, thinly sliced)
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 white onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ounce fresh flat leaf parsley (finely chopped, about 1/2 cup; little reserved for garnish, little reserved for garnish)
- 4 pork steaks (about 5 oz each, also known as Boston butt or pork blade steak)
- 8 slices bacon (6 halved, 2 cut into strips)
- 2 red onions (peeled and cut into strips)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 5 ounces grapes (green seedless, halved)
- In a saucepan, bring the milk to a boil, then pour over the bread, season with salt and black pepper and mix well. Cover and allow to soak for 1 hour.
- Heat 1 tbsp sunflower oil in a frying pan and sauté the white onion until softened. Stir into the bread along with the eggs and parsley. With wet hands, form into 8 dumplings.
- Season the pork with salt and black pepper. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and pan fry the pork for 6 mins, turning. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towel. Add the halved bacon to the pan, cook until crispy, then remove and drain on paper towel.
- In the same pan, add the red onions and remaining bacon and pan fry for 3 mins. Sprinkle with the flour and cook for another 2 mins. Add the apple juice and wine, stirring. Season with salt and black pepper, then add the pork and keep warm.
- Cook the dumplings in boiling salted water for 15 mins. Drain and arrange on plates. Stir the grapes into the sauce and spoon on to plates. Garnish with bacon strips and parsley.
|Calories1080Calories from Fat680|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat680|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.