FrancesinhasO Meu Tempero
These plated stacks are actually quite hearty, despite their somewhat refined presentation. Not only are they piled high with pork medallions, sliced sausages (not one but three different kinds), and mortadella, all simmered in a boozy mixture of beer, whiskey, and wine, they also have two layers of bread and of course the cheese that's melted on the top. Serve them as the main course, with or without a side of fries and more of the same beer for sipping.
- 8 slices buns
- 4 pork fillets (very thin and seasoned on the previous day, salt, pepper, garlic)
- 1 can sausages (2/each)
- 16 slices chorizo (very thin of, spicy sausage, 4/each)
- 8 slices mortadella (very thin of olive, 2/each)
- 16 slices pork sausages (very thin of, 4/each)
- 16 slices Flemish cheese (4/each)
- 1 onions (large)
- olive oil (q.b.)
- 200 milliliters tomato pulp
- 1 glass water (200ml.)
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 beer (200ml.)
- 1 glass whiskey
- 1/2 glass rosé wine (100ml.)
- 2 slices chorizo (spicy sausage)
- 2 slices pork sausages
- 2 slices mortadella
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1Season the pork fillets in advance with salt, pepper, laminated garlic and fry with a little bit of olive oil or butter.
- 2In a little pan with a bit of olive oil, sauté with the chopped onion.
- 3Add the tomato pulp, water and leave for about 15 minutes on medium heat.
- 4Add the bouillon cube, beer, whiskey, wine and rosé, slices of "Chourição" (spicy sausage), pork sausage and mortadella and cook for another 15 minutes.
- 5Remove from the heat and strain.
- 6Aside mix the corn starch with a little water and add to the previous mixture.
- 7Bring to medium heat and stir again until the sauce thickens.
- 8Plate by placing a slice of bread, the pork fillet, sausages (cut lengthwise), the "Chourição" (spicy sausage), mortadella, pork sausage and the other bread slice on the top.
- 9Then place 4 slices of cheese on each one and put in the microwave until the cheese melts.
- 10Add the hot sauce and serve with fries and an ice cold beer.