Flip the switch on mama's pizza! This recipe is for Four Onions Whole Wheat Pizza. This delicious and flavorful recipe only contains ingredients. It's not only delicious but good for you! Don't believe us? Try this Four Onions Whole Wheat Pizza recipe for yourself. Let us know your thoughts about this recipe in our comments below. Or give this recipe a star rating! It's great to share your thoughts with others! Happy Cooking! We know you will love it.
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 pinch sugar
- 3/4 cup water (warm)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 white onion (sliced)
- 1 leeks (sliced)
- 1 red onion (cut into half slices)
- 4 green onions (sliced)
- mozzarella cheese (Grated, as desired)
- salt (as desired)
- pepper (as desired)
- Preheat the oven at 230C.
- Mix the dry yeast, sugar, water, and salt to a medium bowl.
- Cover the dough with plastic film and let it sit for 10 minutes in a warm place.
- Mix the whole wheat flour, white flour, and salt in a different bowl.
- Mix together the yeast and the flour, and knead for 5 minutes to make a dough.
- Add the olive oil to the dough and knead for 5 more minutes.
- Grease another bowl with cooking spray and place the dough on it. Let it sit in a warm place for 30 to 60 minutes. It should double its size.
- Place the dough on the counter and separate it in 2 pieces.
- Press them against the counter using your hands until you form a 20 centimeter disc with each dough piece.
- Place the dough discs on a cooking tray and bake for 5 minutes.
- Save them in the refrigerator. You can also store the discs in a sealed container for up to 1 month in the freezer.
- Preheat the oven at 250 C.
- Grease a skillet with cooking spray and preheat on medium-low flame.
- Add the white onion, thyme, and bay leaf to the skillet, and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir occasionally the onions for 30 minutes. They must soften and should not get brown.
- Dispose of the bay leaf, and blend the onion and thyme on a food processor until you obtain a paste. Save for later.
- Place the leek on the same skillet and cook them on medium-low for 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Remove the leek from the skillet, season it with salt and pepper, and save for later.
- Cook the red and green onions for 15 minutes in the same skillet on medium-low while stirring occasionally.
- Remove the onions from the skillet and mix together with the leek.
- Add the onion paste on a pizza disc until you cover its surface.
- Place the sliced onions and leek over the paste.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the pizza and let it cook in the oven at maximum temperature for 15 to 20 minutes. The pizza will be ready once the cheese has melted
- Turn off the oven and let the pizza cool off for a few minutes before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories250Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.