If you have been searching for the perfect recipe that uses Fougasse with Olives, then you have finally found it. The search is over. This recipe for Fougasse with Olives is sweet, savory and decadent. The Fougasse with Olives are flavorful and rich paired with a sweet and savory sauce. This dish does not take too long to make, and will take even less time to devour. Serve it over your favorite rice for a hearty meal that everyone will love. Happy cooking!
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baker's yeast
- 100 milliliters lukewarm water
- 375 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar olives
- In a bowl, mix the yeast with 100 millimeters water. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and salt.
- Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil and knead while gradually adding water, until obtaining a dough that does not stick to your hands.
- Add the coarsely chopped olives, continue to knead, and form a ball.
- Place the dough ball in a bowl, cover with a cloth, and set aside in a warm and draft-free place for 2 hours.
- When the dough has risen, punch it lightly to release excess gas and divide it into 3 pieces.
- On a floured surface, form 3 thick oval patties.
- Slit the dough with a knife and enlarge the slits.
- Place the fougasses on the floured baking dish lined with parchment paper, cover with a cloth, and let it stand for 1 more hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Put water in the drip pan and place it in the bottom of the oven.
- Brush the fougasses with olive oil and bake for about 15 minutes.