- 16 ounces angel food cake mix
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- 1 1/2 quarts ice cream
- 16 ounces chocolate frosting
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon water (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon green food coloring
- 16 ounces white decorating gel
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 15-1/2 x 10-1/2-inch jelly-roll pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil; set aside.
- Combine cake mix with cocoa powder in large bowl. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour into prepared pan. Bake 22 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack.
- Run metal spatula around edges of cake to loosen; sift sugar onto cake. Invert onto clean kitchen towel; remove parchment paper. Trim off excess cake, if needed.
- Starting at short end of cake, roll up tightly, jelly-roll style, folding towel into cake; refrigerate 30 minutes or until chilled.
- Unroll cake on cutting board. Cut carton from Breyers® Ice Cream with scissors. Arrange Ice Cream on it's side and cut crosswise into 8 slices. Arrange slices on cake leaving 2-inch border at one end of cake, pressing to form an even layer. Roll cake up tightly, using towel to help roll cake; freeze 3 hours or overnight. Freeze serving platter 30 minutes before serving.
- Remove towel from cake on cutting board. Cut off all 4 corners to form football shape with serrated knife. Arrange cake on chilled serving platter; frost. Use white gel for "football threads".
- For "grass", mix coconut, water and food coloring until coconut turns green in small resealable plastic bag; sprinkle around cake. Return to freezer until ready to serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories360Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.