- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
- 1/2 cup cheese (or mozzarella cheese about 2 oz.)
- 2 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Bertolli® Classico Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 jar bertolli four chees rosa sauc
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 8 ounces fettuccine (cooked and drained)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Make deep 1-inch-long cut with knife parallel to cutting board inside of each chicken breast half to form pocket. Combine cheese, bacon and basil in small bowl. Evenly stuff pockets with cheese mixture, then press edges together to seal. Brush chicken with Olive Oil, then dip in bread crumbs, turning to coat. Arrange chicken on baking sheets. Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook spinach, water and garlic in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until spinach is wilted. Stir in Sauce and heat through. To serve, arrange hot fettuccine on serving platter, then top with sauce mixture and chicken. Garnish, if desired, with additional chopped basil.
Mary G. 31 Mar 2016
This is amazingly good and very easy to make. I would try substituting the cheese for another melty kind, like jack.