- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red onion (medium, thinly sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 12 inches shell (Italian bread, such as Boboli brand)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded fontina cheese (6 oz)
- 9 ounces frozen artichoke hearts (thawed and quartered)
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives (halved)
- coarsely ground black pepper
- Alfredo pasta sauce (Purchased, warmed, optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Place the bread shell on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake shell for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle hot bread shell with 1/2 cup of the cheese. Arrange artichokes, olives, and cooked onion mixture on top of cheese. Sprinke with remaining cheese, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and pizza is heated through. Cut into wedges. If desired, serve pizza with warm Alfredo sauce.