Fondue Croquettes with Red Berry ChutneyKooking
You have been invited to a party or potluck and you want to provide the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. This recipe for Fondue Croquettes with Red Berry Chutney combines the rich and delicious flavors that will melt in your mouth. These savory cakes are packed with flavor and make the perfect party appetizer. Be sure to pick these ingredients up the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends with your culinary skills.
- cheese fondue
- 50 grams pork shoulder
- 1/2 onions
- 40 grams butter
- 50 grams flour
- 400 milliliters milk (as needed)
- bread crumbs
- ground black pepper
- mild olive oil
- chutney (red berry)
- 1Finely dice onion.
- 2Heat butter in a medium-sized pan and sauté onions.
- 3Add sliced pork to pan and sprinkle with flour.
- 4Stir well and briefly cook flour until slightly toasted.
- 5Whisk in milk and stir frequently until sauce starts to thicken.
- 6Add fondue and stir well.
- 7Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- 8Place mixture in a dish with high sides.
- 9Refrigerate until cool for at least 4 hours.
- 10Shape the croquettes, and dip in flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs.
- 11Fry in an abundant amount of hot, light olive oil.
- 12To serve, add red berry chutney (or substitute mixed berry, strawberry, or blackberry jam).