You have been invited to a party or potluck and you want to provide the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. This recipe for Fondue Croquettes with Red Berry Chutney combines the rich and delicious flavors that will melt in your mouth. These savory cakes are packed with flavor and make the perfect party appetizer. Be sure to pick these ingredients up the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends with your culinary skills.
- cheese fondue
- 50 grams pork shoulder
- 1/2 onion
- 40 grams butter
- 50 grams flour
- 400 milliliters milk (as needed)
- ground black pepper
- light olive oil
- chutney (red berry)
- Finely dice onion.
- Heat butter in a medium-sized pan and sauté onions.
- Add sliced pork to pan and sprinkle with flour.
- Stir well and briefly cook flour until slightly toasted.
- Whisk in milk and stir frequently until sauce starts to thicken.
- Add fondue and stir well.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Place mixture in a dish with high sides.
- Refrigerate until cool for at least 4 hours.
- Shape the croquettes, and dip in flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs.
- Fry in an abundant amount of hot, light olive oil.
- To serve, add red berry chutney (or substitute mixed berry, strawberry, or blackberry jam).