Foie Gras, Gingerbread, Floc de Gascogne Syrup CheckerboardOn dine chez Nanou
If you want fine French dining, but can’t afford a five-star restaurant, then try this recipe for Foie Gras, Gingerbread, Floc de Gascogne Syrup Checkerboard and whisk you and your intimate friends away to the city of romance right in your own kitchen. It takes 70 minutes to prepare this decadent treat. This rich and fancy meal combines sweet and savory ingredients to create a flavor explosion in your mouth.
- 350 grams, white Floc de Gascogne
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 40 grams raisins
- 5 garlic cloves (unpeeled)
- 150 grams foie gras (cooked)
- 150 grams gingerbread
- sea salt (with Espelette pepper)
- 1Pour Floc de Gascogne, brown sugar, and raisins in a saucepan, bring to boil.
- 2Add garlic cloves. Cook on low heat for 50 minutes, until garlic is tender, and the Floc very syrupy. Let cool.
- 3Run hot water over knife blade. Cut the foie gras in thick slices, then in cubes.
- 4Cut gingerbread in slices and then in cubes, the same size as the foie gras cubes.
- 5Place 4 tablespoons of Floc syrup on a plate. Roll gingerbread cubes in syrup.
- 6Create the checkerboard using alternating cubes of foie gras and gingerbread.
- 7Remove garlic cloves from the syrup placing them on a plate, together with grapes.
- 8Gently drop snipped chives on the gingerbread cubes, and a raisin on the foie gras cubes.
- 9Add candied garlic clove, syrup, and sea salt to each plate.
PER SERVING *
|Calories360Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.