Foie Cups with MangoKooking
Once in a while you will find a recipe that stands the test of time for decadence and pure bliss. This recipe for Foie Cups with Mango is one to keep on hand for any holiday, special occasion or celebration. With the richness and delicious taste, this recipe is full of flavor. it is a little bit of heaven in each bite. The hardest part of this delicious recipe, is deciding who will get to enjoy the other corners with you. Make a batch this weekend.
- mango (medium ripe)
- 150 milliliters sherry (Pedro Ximénez)
- 2 sheets gelatin
- 125 grams Foie gras mi-cuit (semi-cooked foie)
- 50 milliliters cream (liquid)
- szechwan peppercorns
- 1Heat the foie and liquid cream with a pinch of salt and pepper until creamy.
- 2Meanwhile soak the gelatin sheets in cold water for 4 minutes.
- 3In another small pan, heat up the sherry, then reduce heat. Add drained gelatin and stir until dissolved. Remove from the heat and pour the sherry and gelatin mixture into clear glasses.
- 4Place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours until jelly is formed.
- 5Peel the mango and cut it into small pieces, then grind to a mango puree.
- 6To serve, remove the sherry glasses from refrigerator and cover with mango puree and top off with foie cream.