If you are looking to impress your Italian-lover family, this is the recipe for you! Try our Focaccia with Pesto and Stracchino recipe packed with bold flavor and the most amazing moist bread you will taste, this recipe is one of the best Traditional Italian dishes you have. Your mouth will water over this Focaccia with Pesto and Stracchino. Try it out at home and tell us what you think! We are eager to hearing your feedback and thoughts.
- 10 grams yeast
- 325 milliliters water
- 500 grams flour
- 10 grams salt
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 grams pesto
- 200 grams stracchino (or mozzarella cheese)
- In a bowl dissolve the yeast with 40 grams of water, then add a little flour, together with 3 tablespoons of oil and a pinch of salt.
- Add the remaining flour and 240 grams of water, alternately in 2 stages, and beat well.
- Place on a floured surface and knead for up to 8 minutes.
- Return to a greased bowl and leave to rise until doubled in size.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and divide into 2 halves, and place into 30 centimeter by 40 centimeter baking pans.
- Leave to rise for another 15 minutes and then roll out until the dough covers the base of the pan.
- Leave to rise again for 30 minutes.
- Press gently into the dough using fingertips, making small indents all around but not so deep as to touch the base of the pan.
- Cover with pesto and cheese, and finally a brine mixture made up of a small amount of oil, water and salt.
- Leave to rise for another 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the pans in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories780Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.