Focaccia with Goat Cheese and OreganoReceitas Da Felicidade!
This oven baked Italian bread is similar in style and texture to pizza dough, yet it is a much more refined and healthy option. This particular take boasts a high protein content, which makes it an excellent choice for either lunch or dinner. If you’ve never tried goat cheese, this contemporary take on a classic dish is a great way to introduce this alternative dairy option to your diet.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 milliliters warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 450 grams flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
- pitted olives (to taste, black and green with red pepper)
- 1 fresh chevre
- oregano (for sprinkling)
- 1Place the olive oil and water in the bread machine; then add the sugar, salt, flour, and yeast. Choose the kneading program, set for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- 2After the allotted time, remove from bread machine, cover the dough with a cloth, and let rise for 1 hour, away from drafts.
- 3Line the baking tray with parchment paper, and spread the dough in the pan with your fingertips, giving it a rectangular shape.
- 4Brush the surface with a little olive oil, and distribute the sliced goat cheese, oregano, and olives.
- 5Press ingredients into the dough.
- 6Heat the oven to 50 degrees Celsius, and turn it off when hot.
- 7Put the dough in the oven, and let it rise for another half hour.
- 8Remove the tray from the oven, and put it in a warm place. Turn the oven on again to 180 C.
- 9Put the tray in the hot oven, and bake for 20 minutes, or until the surface is golden.
- 10Serve the focaccia warm.
PER SERVING *
|Calories830Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.