- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water (about 100 degrees)
- 2 1/4 cups water (tepid)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (good quality, plus more for the pan and to paint on top of the bread)
- 3 cups bread flour
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt (plus coarse salt, fleur de sel if you have it, otherwise Kosher salt for sprinkling over the top)
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary (finely chopped, can use sage or other herbs such as thyme or oregano, but whatever herb you use, do use fresh herbs, do not use dried)
Desiree L. 2 days ago
Great!! Easy recipe!!
French 17 Jul
i used wheat flour and to my surprise it turned out great
hlbananaa . 10 Jun
Good for a first bread. Recipe was really easy to follow. We used dried herbs, which turned out well. The yeast we used was meant for bread machines so we think the second rise was too long which resulted in a flatter bread than we expected. Overall very satisfied!