One of our favorite types of bread to make is Focaccia Bread Topped with Potatoes, Onions, and Scamorza Cheese. This particlar recipe is an Italian specialty. The added potatoes, onion, and cheese set this recipe apart from other Focaccia Bread recipes. Prepare this Focaccia Bread to pair with a pasta or a salad for parties or for a private meal at home. Your will absolutely love it!
- 25 grams yeast
- warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 295 grams flour
- 230 grams bread flour
- 4 potatoes
- 2 red onions
- 20 grams pecorino cheese
- ground black pepper
- 200 grams cheese
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Dissolve the yeast with 1 deciliter of warm water, sugar, 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, and 2 tablespoons of bread flour. Shape it into a ball and set it aside, covered, to rise for at least 1 hour.
- Vigorously knead together the remaining flours with the yeast starter dough for at least 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining water with a pinch of salt. Shape the dough into a ball, make a cross shaped incision in the dough, grease it well with the oil and allow it to rise, covered, for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Roll out the dough to approximately 1.5 centimeters thick and place it on a baking sheet.
- Add the potatoes, onions, Parmesan cheese, and a pinch of salt and ground black pepper to a bowl and toss.
- Spread the topping on the dough and add the scamorza cheese slices.
- Drizzle the top with oil and let it rise again for 1 hour.
- Bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes until potatoes are golden.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1010Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.