- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 bell pepper (½ each of red, green and yellow bell pepper, finely diced)
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Buttermilk Dressing
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cream cheese (tub)
- 1 egg yolk (with 2 tablespoons water)
- 7 1/2 ounces refrigerator buttermilk biscuits (1 tube, 10 per tube)
- 5 slices tomato
- 0flour (for dusting surface, rolling pin)
- 0grape tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 0black olives
- 0multi-color bell peppers (cut into shapes, like stars, half moons and zig-zags)
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl mix the cream cheese, Hidden Valley® Ranch Light Buttermilk Salad Dressing, mozzarella cheese, diced bell peppers, and carrots until well combined; set aside.
- Open the biscuits and separate. Sprinkle flour over a clean dry surface. Take a rolling pin, and roll each biscuit into a 4” circle. Using a pastry brush, brush some of the egg yolk mixture around the edge of each circle.
- Spread a heaping tablespoon of the cheesy-ranch mixture onto five biscuit circles, then put a tomato slice on top. Place one of the remaining biscuit circles on top of each filled circle. Stretch the top circle to completely cover the bottom circle; press around the edges with the tines of a fork to seal. Use a spatula to place each of the flying saucers onto a greased baking sheet. Decorate the tops of each flying saucer with sliced veggies—use your imagination to create fun designs. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Transfer the flying saucers to a wire rack and let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories80Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.