Fluffy Naans to Accompany a Super Fragrant Lentil DhalOn dine chez Nanou
Add a twist to your lentil dishes! These naans are light and flaky, with just a hint of soft, gooey cheese. They’re perfect for dipping or breaking into crumbs to sprinkle over the lentils.
- 25 grams bakers yeast (fresh)
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 500 grams white flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 deciliters water
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 90 grams natural yogurt
- 1 laughing cow cheese (spreadable soft cheese wedge)
- olive oil
- 1Dissolve the yeast in 3 tablespoons of warm water (not too hot, so as not to kill the yeast).
- 2In a mixer bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- 3In a bowl, mix 2 deciliters of water, oil, diluted yeast, and yogurt. Gradually add to mixer bowl.
- 4Knead for about 10 minutes at low speed to get a smooth and homogeneous paste.
- 5Form 10-12 balls (flour your hands if necessary), and let stand in a warm place, free from drafts, on a lightly floured baking plate covered with a moist cloth for about 3 hours.
- 6On a floured work surface, roll out the dough balls thinly.
- 7Spread on little cheese, fold in two, and then flatten out again without pressing too hard, so that the cheese doesn't come out.
- 8The nans shouldn't´t be to thin so that they don't harden during during cooking.
- 9I prefer to prepare half the dough with cheese, and leave the other half plain, by simply spreading out the dough without folding it.
- 10Heat a pan with a little bit of oil.
- 11Remove the excess oil with paper towels. Put the naan in the pan, and fry for about 2 minutes on each side.
PER SERVING *
|Calories590Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.