- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other milk, strained if using homemade)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (in liquid form)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (plus more to serve)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon natural vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (natural)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (white or black)
- pure maple syrup (optional)
- Grease a frying pan or griddle with a bit of coconut oil and set over medium heat.
- Pour the milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla in your KitchenAid® Diamond Blender or KitchenAid® Stand Mixer and process until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chia seeds with a fork until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and the banana to the mixture into your KitchenAid® Diamond Blender or KitchenAid® Stand Mixer and process on a low speed until just combined. You may have to stop your machine and scrape down the sides of the container. Don’t over mix or the chia seeds will make the batter too thick. This batter needs to be used immediately, and if you try and think it out with more liquid the pancakes will be soggy in the middle.
- Reduce the frying pan heat to medium-low and pour 1/3 cup (80ml) of the batter onto the frying pan for each pancake. Cook for 4 minutes, then flip the pancakes and cook for 3 minutes more, until browned. These pancakes take longer to cook than conventional pancakes, and you may feel like you should flip them after less than 4 minutes. Resist the urge or they will not cook in the middle. If they start to get too brown, lower the heat even further.
- Serve with maple syrup or your favorite toppings.
|Calories180Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Beverly Martin Mfume 11 Mar 2018
My sweetheart love these pancakes!!