Whoopie pies are a traditionally nostalgic sweet treat that remind us of yesteryears when we would spend the summer at grandma and grandpa's house. This recipe contains sweet and sensational ingredients that will make you feel like a kid again. The marshmallow creme is spread is packed between to fluffy and hearty whoopie pies. If you want to spread the love and let your kids enjoy a sweet treat that brings back memories, then try this recipe.
- 115 grams butter
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 egg
- 30 grams cocoa powder
- 260 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 125 milliliters milk
- marshmallow creme
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cream butter and sugar, then add the egg.
- In another bowl, mix the cocoa powder, flour, yeast, salt, and vanilla powder.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating between flour and milk.
- Mix well and place in a pastry bag.
- Portion batter out onto whoopie pie pan or a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool a bit and place the whoopies on a piece of parchment paper.
- Spread marshmallow creme on 1 whoopie cookie and cover with another cookie.