Flourless Chocolate Cake with BerriesAnanás e Hortelã
Flourless chocolate cakes are traditional at Passover but delicious enough to serve all year round, especially for those who are can't tolerate gluten (or who prefer to avoid it). Plus, without flour in the batter, these cakes are exceptionally moist and fudgy. This version includes coffee for another flavor note. The only way to serve this cake is dolloped with sweetened whipped cream, and preferably topped with mixed fresh berries.
- 300 grams semisweet chocolate
- 225 grams sugar
- 180 milliliters hot water
- 225 grams unsalted butter (cut into small cubes)
- 6 eggs (separated)
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 milliliters heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- berries (assorted, such as raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F. Grease a round cake pan with butter and line with parchment paper.
- 2In a food processor, finely grind chocolate and sugar.
- 3Add hot water, butter, egg yolks, coffee, and vanilla.
- 4Pulse until smooth.
- 5In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff and fold into chocolate mixture.
- 6Transfer batter to prepared cake pan and bake for about 45 minutes.
- 7Remove from pan and let cool before decorating.
- 8For the icing, beat heavy cream until stiff, add sugar, and beat a little again.
- 9Frost completely cooled cake with whipped cream.
- 10To serve, garnish with fresh fruit, to taste.