Flavored Trio of Sweet Dough Tartlet RecipesOn dine chez Nanou
When you have been designated the dessert maker for the holiday party, but aren’t sure what to bring so everyone is satisfied, then you might want to check out this recipe. It takes 35 minutes to prepare this Flavored Trio of Sweet Dough Tartlet Recipes. There are 12 servings in this recipe, so make sure to place accordingly if you need to bring more. And these are so good, you probably will want to.
- 140 grams softened butter
- 90 grams powdered sugar
- 40 grams ground almonds
- 1 whole eggs
- 20 grams egg yolks
- 230 grams flour
- 3 tablespoons dried mint
- 3 tablespoons hibiscus flowers (dried)
- 3 tablespoons earl grey tea
- 1Set the mixer at slow speed, knead the butter until you obtain a very soft texture, add icing sugar while mixing to obtain a creamy texture (you can also do it without the mixer and stir with a wooden spoon). Add the ground almonds, while bringing the dough to the center of the bowl. Add the egg and yolk, finish by quickly adding almost all the flour mixed with 4 pinches of salt, in 2 or 3 portions. Finish kneading the dough on your lightly floured work surface, crushing it with your palm, punching 2 or 3 times with remaining flour. Form a ball.
- 2Add 5 teaspoons of dried mint crushed with a pestle to the dough, and quickly knead the dough. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight for a stronger flavor.
- 3Crush 3 tablespoons of Earl Grey tea. Quickly mix in dough and knead the dough ball. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight for a stronger flavor.
- 4Mix in 3 tablespoons of dried hibiscus flowers with the dough. Knead quickly. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight for a stronger flavour.
- 5The next day, remove the pastries from refrigerator 15 minutes before using them, spread them on a lightly floured working surface.
- 6For these 3 tartlets, the dough is baked plain, as to say without garnish at 170 C for for about 15 to 20 minutes depending on its size. I prefer to bake it in flexible silicone molds because I flip them over and bake upside down. The result is much better, as the dough does not swell or shrink.
PER SERVING *
|Calories210Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.