- 1 tablespoon rose petals
- 1 teaspoon Meyer lemon peel
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sea salt (unrefined, or flake salt)
- To make the lemon finishing salt, you need to dry your lemon peel. To do this, finely zest lemons and spread zest onto a paper towel-lined plate. Place in the oven with the oven light on overnight or until dried. Alternatively, you can microwave the zest on a paper towel-lined plate for 1 to 2 minutes or until dry.
- Place dried flavoring in the bowl of your KitchenAid® Blade Coffee Grinder. Give it 2-3 quick pulses to break up the flavoring.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sea salt and pulse another 2-3 times to incorporate, then add remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons salt and pulse once more to combine.
- Transfer to a decorative tin or jar. The salt will keep best in an airtight container.