You have been invited to a party or potluck and you want to provide the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. This recipe for Loaf of Roasted Eggplant with Goat Cheese and Tapenade combines the rich and delicious flavors that will melt in your mouth. These savory cakes are packed with flavor and make the perfect party appetizer. Be sure to pick these ingredients up the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends with your culinary skills.
- 500 grams flour
- 100 grams olive oil
- 12 grams fresh yeast
- 10 grams salt
- 240 grams water
- roasted eggplant
- goat cheese
- black olives (Aragon)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- cherry tomatoes (optional)
- For the eggplant loaf, mix flour, olive oil, yeast, salt and water and knead for about 10 minutes.
- Place dough in a bowl and cover with a cotton cloth and let rise until doubled in volume.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- Divide the dough in half. Use a rolling pin to roll dough into flatbread.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Let cool.
- For the olive tapenade, pit black olives and coarsely chop.
- In a blender, blend olives, olive oil and 1-3 anchovies to taste.
- Tip: Tapenade can be refrigerated in an airtight container for one month.
- Top flatbread with eggplant and sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cherry tomatoes and olive tapenade.
- Tip: Add a little water to tapenade, if needed. Serve immediately.