Remove All from Shopping List
- With a small, sharp paring knife make small cuts, at a 45º angle, over the surface of the steak on both sides.
- Combine the orange juice, lime juice, 1/4 cup of olive oil, garlic, chipotle peppers, cumin and salt in the bowl of a food processor or blender; puree until smooth. Place the steak in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over it. Press out the air, seal the bag and marinate at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Prepare the coals on the grill until they are glowing red with a white ash around them. Drain the marinade from the steak, place 4 inches over the coals and sear quickly, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Move the steak away from the direct heat, cover the grill and continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 135º F, about 7 to 10 minutes longer. Remove the steak from the grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- While the steak is resting, toss the peppers and onion with the tablespoon of olive oil and place in a grill basket. Grill over the live coals, stirring frequently, just until they become limp and are beginning to brown slightly.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain on a diagonal, and serve with the vegetables, optional lime slices, refried beans, sour cream, guacamole and pico de gallo.
|Calories630Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.