- 3 cups Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime (small, grated peel and juice)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (divided)
- 3 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 1 pound tilapia fillets (or other white fish, cut into 12 narrow strips)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 cups potato flakes (Hungry Jack Instant Mashed)
- 12 corn tortillas (warmed)
- red cabbage
- lime wedges
- HEAT 1-inch oil in deep large skillet to 350°F. Combine mayonnaise, lime peel, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- COMBINE flour, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in large resealable plastic bag. Add fish. Shake until fish is coated.
- BEAT eggs and water in shallow baking dish. Combine potato flakes, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in another shallow baking dish. Remove fish from plastic bag. Shake off excess flour. Dip into egg, then coat with potato flakes.
- FRY fish in several batches for 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining fish. Place 1 or 2 fish strips in each tortilla. Top with Cilantro Lime Mayonnaise, cabbage and mango. Fold in half. Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro.
|Calories2060Calories from Fat1670|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat1670|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.