- 1/2 teaspoon chinese five spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 duck breasts (skin scored)
- 7 ounces rice stick noodles (dried)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 shallot (large, thinly sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh root ginger (finely grated)
- 7 ounces shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
- 7 ounces enoki mushrooms
- 3/4 cup bean sprouts
- cilantro leaves (for garnish)
- Combine the five-spice and salt in a small bowl, then rub over the duck breasts.
- Heat a wok or large skillet on medium-high heat. Cook the duck, skin-side down, for 7-8 mins, until crisp and golden. Turn and cook for 4 mins over medium heat. Remove from the pan and allow to rest.
- Meanwhile, place the noodles in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 mins, until almost tender; drain.
- Place the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil and chicken stock in a small bowl and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Heat the wok on high heat. Cook the shallot in the duck fat for 30 seconds. Add the garlic and ginger; cook for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms; cook for 3 mins.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and noodles and cook for 2 mins, or until the noodles are tender.
- Thinly slice the duck breast. Place the noodles in serving bowls and top with sliced duck, bean sprouts and cilantro.
PER SERVING *
|Calories440Calories from Fat9|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat9|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.