A combination of tuna and salmon are great sources of lean, healthy protein that make a great base for this dish. The rice is cooked with white wine which imparts a ton of flavor and accents the fish perfectly. Tomatoes and onions are mixed with the fish, adding a helping of vegetables and an extra bit of flavor. The whole thing gets topped with smoked sausage, which adds a nice bold flavor that finishes the dish off perfectly.
- 2 cans tuna packed in olive oil
- 1 salmon fillets
- 2 cups rice (aromatic)
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 50 milliliters white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- smoked sausage (sliced for garnish)
- 1 vegetable bouillon
- Bring water to heat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan, add 1 garlic clove, and fry for about 1 minute, until it begins to release its aroma. Add the rice, and fry, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the boiling water, and stir to loosen. Season with a pinch of salt and half of the vegetable bouillon. Simmer, on low heat, until the rice is cooked.
- In another pan, heat the remaining olive oil, add onion and 1 garlic clove. When the onion starts to become translucent, add the tomatoes, pepper, and bay leaf. Season with salt, or with the other half of vegetable bouillon. Add the salmon slice, and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the salmon and shred, removing skin and bones.
- Add the salmon and tuna to the stew.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Put a layer of rice in a baking pan, fill with the fish, and cover with another layer of rice.
- Garnish with smoked sausage, and bake until the top turns brown, and the sliced smoked sausage become crispy.
- Optionally, sprinkle with grated cheese before baking to a gratin.
PER SERVING *
|Calories480Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.