Fish Vegetable StewO Meu Tempero
Use your own cooking common sense in deciding how much of each of the ingredients to use in making this flavorful stew, since there's really no right or wrong amount. Taste as you go and adjust as needed. There's sliced onion, chopped cilantro and parsley, a fresh or dried bay leaf, and chopped peeled tomatoes (fresh or canned), followed by sliced potatoes and the fish of choice. Season, add water to cover the contents, then simmer away until it looks, smells, and tastes amazing.
- fish (such as ling)
- sliced potatoes
- chopped cilantro (coarsely)
- chopped parsley (coarsely)
- onions (sliced )
- bay leaf
- fresh tomatoes (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- coarse salt
- white pepper
- olive oil
- 1Place the onion, cilantro, parsley, bay leaf and tomato in a large pot.
- 2Add potatoes.
- 3Place the remaining fish and tomato on top.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- 6Add half a cup of water.
- 7Cover and let simmer over medium heat.
- 8Do not stir.
- 9Occasionally shake saucepan so that contents are submerged in sauce.