Don't be daunted by the idea of making souffle. If you heed the recipe instructions, you'll find that it's a simple enough process. Besides, the impressive and indulgent result will be worth all your efforts. This savory souffle has flaked hake folded into the custard base, which is made with constant stirring to achieve the silken consistency. When folding in the beaten egg whites, do so gently to avoid deflating them. And never open the oven door until it's time to take the souffle out.
- 4 eggs
- 5 filet (hake)
- 50 grams butter
- 50 grams all-purpose flour
- 250 milliliters milk
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Bake the hake remove bones and skin and flake meat with a fork.
- Melt the butter in a pan. Slowly add the flour and milk, stirring well until smooth. Add the egg yolks and whisk to combine. Remove from heat.
- Add the fish to the sauce and season to taste with salt, ground pepper and ground nutmeg.
- Whisk the egg whites and fold into fish mixture. Grease a baking dish with butter and line the bottom with parchment paper. Pour souffle into prepared dish. Bake for 30 minutes in a 350*F oven, until browned and bubbling.