Fish-Shaped Salmon in Puff PastryHoje para Jantar
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 lemon (small, juiced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 4 strips surimi (imitation crab meat)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 egg yolks
- sesame seeds
- lettuce leaves
- cherry tomatoes
- 1For the spice rub, place mustard, lemon juice, coriander seeds and salt in a mortar and crush with a pestle.
- 2Place salmon on a platter and brush with spice rub.
- 3For the filling, mix finely diced surimi and mayonnaise.
- 4Roll out the puff pastry and divide each sheet in two.
- 5Place a salmon fillet in the center of each half of the puff pastry sheet.
- 6Cut puff pastry edges into into strips, as in the picture.
- 7Place the surimi mixture over salmon and start interlacing strips of puff pastry over top of surimi mizture.
- 8At the end, shape final strips into a fin shape.
- 9Carefully transfer fish pastry onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 10Mix egg yolk with a tablespoon of water and brush over puff pastry.
- 11Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 12Bake in preheated oven at 200°C (approximately 400°F) for about 20 minutes or until the pastry is browned.
- 13Arrange on serving dish with lettuce and cherry tomatoes.