Fish Flavored RiceO Meu Tempero
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1 onions (medium, diced)
- 1 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tomatoes (ripe, peeled, cored and diced)
- 1/4 red pepper (diced)
- 1 cup white wine
- 500 grams fish (Hake and Nile's Perch or similar)
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1Heat olive oil in a saucepan and sauté onion and garlic.
- 2Add tomatoes and diced red pepper, stir well cook briefly.
- 3Deglaze pan with white wine.
- 4Add fish and cook over low heat.
- 5When fish is cooked, remove fish, shred and set aside.
- 6Add rice, water, cilantro, tomato paste and salt.
- 7Cover pan with lid and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 8Reduce heat and add shredded fish.
- 9Sook until rice grains are tender.
- 10Season to taste.