- olive oil (to taste)
- 1 onion (medium, diced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tomato (ripe, peeled, cored and diced)
- 1/4 red pepper (diced)
- 1 cup white wine
- 500 grams fish (Hake and Nile's Perch or similar)
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan and sauté onion and garlic.
- Add tomatoes and diced red pepper, stir well cook briefly.
- Deglaze pan with white wine.
- Add fish and cook over low heat.
- When fish is cooked, remove fish, shred and set aside.
- Add rice, water, cilantro, tomato paste and salt.
- Cover pan with lid and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and add shredded fish.
- Sook until rice grains are tender.
- Season to taste.