Fish Curry with Kaffir LimeLolibox
This full-bodied fish curry dish that utilizes the best of spicy, salty, and savory flavors. Common vegetables, such as onions, garlic, and shallots provide nutrition and crunch while cumin powder, curry paste, and coriander seeds supply an ethnic spicy flair. Together these flavors infuse the subtle white fish filets producing a thick sauce with crunchy vegetables and soft flakey fish. If you are looking for something unique, this fish curry should be on your list.
- 600 grams fish fillets
- 2 shallots
- 1 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons kaffir lime (powder)
- coconut milk (25 cl.)
- 11. Cut the fish fillets into chunks and season with salt and pepper. Cover the fish with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- 22. Peel and chop the shallots, onion, and garlic.
- 33. Blanch the tomatoes for 30 seconds in boiling water. Remove the skin and seeds then finely dice them.
- 44. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan. Add the onion, shallots, garlic, and bay leaf. Sprinkle with the curry powder, ground cumin, coriander seeds, and 1 teaspoon of the kaffir lime powder. Stir constantly to lightly brown the ingredients. Stir in the diced tomatoes. Add the coconut milk and simmer. Once the sauce is smooth, add the fish. Reduce heat and poach gently for 5-6 minutes.
- 55. Taste the sauce and add the other teaspoon of kaffir lime if needed.