Fish CroquettesCasseroles et claviers
These fish croquettes are the perfect party finger food. A mixture of capers, kaffir lime, and chives are the bold flavors features in these fried bites. A dusting of breadcrumbs adds a bit of crunch before they are fried. These appetizers are full of flavor and make a bold statement at any gathering or event. These take a little bit of work to pull together, but you will be happy you put in the effort once you take a bite!
- 350 grams cod
- milk (30 cl.)
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons capers (coarsely chopped)
- 1 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 bunch chives (finely chopped)
- 1/2 kaffir lime (or regular lime)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 eggs (beaten)
- bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- sunflower oil
- 1Poach the fish in milk for about twenty minutes. Drain the fish but reserve the milk. In a saucepan, melt the butter and then add the flour. Slowly add the reserved warm milk to get a bechamel sauce. Cook it gently until it thickens.
- 2Flake the fish and remove any bones. Add the fish to the bechamel sauce then the capers, lemon juice, chives, garlic and kaffir lime zest. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour the mixture into a dish and let it cool. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- 3Remove from the fridge and form into balls the size of a large walnut. Refrigerate again for an hour.
- 4Pour flour onto a plate, the beaten egg on another plate and breadcrumbs mixed with sesame seeds onto a third one.
- 5One croquette at a time: dredge each ball with flour, tap it to remove the excess, then dip into the beaten egg, and then coat with breadcrumbs. When all the croquettes are done, cook them in a pan with hot oil, until golden brown.
PER SERVING *
|Calories110Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.