Fish Cilantro & GarlicANGIEPAMOUKIAN56778
Why Fish is so good for you? If you want to make a good dietary changes for you and your family, the best thing to do is substituting fish for meat. Try to downgrade using meat as a main dish and use it as an ingredient in other dishes. Upgrade Fish as the centerpiece several times a week, as a Grouper or Hammour here in the Gulf region or sea-bass, salmon is great baked or grilled as well as Tuna. Fish is top of the line nutrient dense food, it is low in fat and high is so many other good things. A good source of protein, a good source of iron and vitamin B-12. Today I am using Hammour as baked in the oven with a great combination to be lemony, garlicky with coriander or cilantro as some people call it.
- Heat your oven to 220 degrees, depending on the oven you have. Get your fish, clean it again before you start the marination. Cut the stems of cilantro into small, hold with your hands the bunch of leaves at the top and cut the way you like, it does not have to be perfect. Prepare the pestle and mortal and pour the cilantro inside, the cloves of garlic, some olive oil and mix together with a bit of lemon and salt. Now your mixture is ready and the Fish is waiting.
- On A board, place a sheet of aluminium foil, put the fish and with a good knife make three slashes in the flesh of it on both sides. Now make sure to put salt everywhere in each and every hole you made, and in the stomach, massage all the body too. Put some pepper and then get your marination and start doing the same thing get the mixture in the holes, stomach and all over the body
- Then take some fresh coriander leaves put in the open part of the stomach with like two to three circles of lemon slices. Take the half moon lemon slices and put inside the open holes of the fish. massage again with the remaining mixture (if you still have some). Then on your prepared pan place a sheet of aluminum foil take your fish from the board and close it like a candy creating an open side on the face. Now place in your oven for about 25 - 35 minutes some ovens need 40 min, and it always depends on the size of the fish, make sure to check it so it will not be over cooked. It has to be juicy and not dry.
- Once it is done. take your Fish and place it on a big plate on a bed of lettuce and dill. Decorate a bit if you like, but there is no need, believe me it is appealing as it is. Enjoy
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories620Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.