- 3 large potatoes (peeled and cut into strips)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (soft)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel (finely)
- 4 white fish fillets (firm, 3-4 oz each)
- 14 ounces flatbread (or ciabatta)
- 1/3 cup tartar sauce (plus additional, to serve)
- 2 ounces baby lettuce leaves (mixed)
- 2 medium tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper. Dry the potato well with paper towels, then arrange on the prepared pan. Drizzle with 2 tbsp of the oil and season. Bake the potato, turning halfway through cooking, for 40 mins or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, sift the flour onto a plate. Place the eggs in a shallow bowl. Combine the breadcrumbs and lemon peel on a plate. Coat the fish in the flour and shake off the excess. Next, dip the fish in the egg, then in the breadcrumb mixture to coat evenly. Place on a large plate. Cover the fish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 mins.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Cook the fish, in batches, for 2-3 mins each side or until cooked through. Remove and keep warm.
- Cut the bread in half horizontally, then into 4. Toast until golden and crisp. To serve, place the bottom of the bread on serving plates. Spread with tartar sauce. Top with lettuce, tomato, fish and the remaining bread. Serve with chips and additional tartar sauce.
PER SERVING *
|Calories860Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.