- 600 milliliters cream (pure)
- 300 milliliters cream (thickened)
- 180 grams caster sugar
- 1 vanilla bean (split)
- 1 cinnamon (quill)
- 3 sheets gelatine (leaf)
- 3 limes (Pulp of finger, 2 pink flesh, 1 green flesh)
- 250 milliliters water
- 125 grams caster sugar
- 2 limes (Pulp of finger, 1 pink flesh, 1 green flesh)
- Put the creams into a saucepan with the sugar, cinnamon quill and the vanilla pod. Cook over low heat, stir until the sugar dissolves, then simmer gently for about 2 minutes, turn heat off, and remove the pod and the quill.
- Add the gelatine leafs to a small bowl of water until soft, about 5 minutes, drain and squeeze dry to remove water, add to the cream mixture and stir until dissolved. Allow to cool slightly and mix in the finger lime pulp.
- Pour into ramekins and refrigerate until set.
- Into a saucepan add the water and sugar, stir over a low heat until sugar dissolves, then simmer until the mixture starts to thicken slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat allow to cool slightly then gently add the finger lime pulp, leave the syrup mixture to cool completely (leave over night if possible as this will allow the colour of the pink finger lime to infuse into the syrup)
- To plate up dip the ramekins into hot water for about 10 seconds, tip onto plate and pour over with the finger lime syrup.
|Calories580Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.