- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 pound shrimp (small)
- 1 cup green onions (chopped)
- 1 can water chestnuts (chopped (8 oz can))
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (minced)
- 1 cup minced onion
- 2 eggs
- lumpia wrappers (Simex)
- cooking oil
- In a mixing bowl combine pork, shrimp, green onions, water chestnuts, soy sauce, garlic, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, parsley, and onions.
- Add 1 beaten egg to the mixture and mix well.
- Take 1 egg and separate the egg yolk from the egg white. Lightly beat the egg white.
- Place 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture diagonally on the lumpia wrapper starting near one corner of the wrapper. Fold the side of the wrapper over the length of the filling. Tuck in both ends and neatly roll. Seal the lumpia using egg whites. The egg whites will hold the lumpia wrapper together. Repeat until you are out of the mixture.
- Heat the cooking oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees
- Working in batches, cook lumpia in the deep fryer for 10 to 13 minutes each until golden brown.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove and drain oil from the lumpia on a paper towel
- Serve hot with sweet and sour sauce or garlic vinegar sauce.
|Calories45Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Caspary 9 days ago
great!! will make again