Filet Mignon with Speculoos SauceLolibox
Spicy Indian inspired deep spices cover a perfectly cooked filet mignon in this enticing main dish, especially during the cold winter months. This appetizing dinner bursts with intricate aromatic smells and refined flavors from various regions of the word. Speculoos give the sauce a crunchy consistency and a sweet characteristic. Whenever beer is involved, you can bet it’s an amazing meal. The hoppy aftertaste of the beer provides moisture and saturates the meat.
- 1 kilogram filet mignon
- olive oil
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 10 speculaas cookies (crushed)
- beer (25 cl.)
- 1 beef stock cubes
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2In an oven proof pan, brown the filet mignon in butter and olive oil on high heat.
- 3Add the shallots and reduce heat.
- 4When shallots are translucent, add 3/4 of the crushed cookies, the beer, and the bouillon cube.
- 5When the bouillon cube is dissolved, place the pan in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- 6Turn the filet regularly.
- 7Add water to the sauce if needed.
- 8Cut the tenderloin into 1 centimeter thick slices, add the sauce, and sprinkle with the remaining crushed cookies.