Filet Mignon with Mustard and Herbes de ProvenceLOLIBOX
Subtle, delicious and perfectly balanced flavors is what the best filet mignon needs as a sauce. With hundreds of ways to prepare this cut of meat, this one stands out because of its simplicity. Spicy mustard and earthy herbs pair with the crème fraiche for a silky, aromatic, lip smacking sauce. This dinner is so comforting it will have you thinking back to your childhood. Serve the entire thing over a sizzling pile of mashed potatoes for an even homier feel.
- 1 filet mignon
- 1 jar mustard (with Provencal Herbs)
- 2 Tbsp. cream
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- olive oil
- Slice the meat. Place on a plate and spread a layer of mustard on top.
- Heat a skillet and add oil and butter. Add the pieces of filet mignon in the skillet with the mustard side up.
- Saute, and when the meat is almost cooked and well browned, reduce the heat, and flip. Cook until browned.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes