Filet Mignon is a juicy thick slice of meat that melts in your mouth when properly prepared. Horseradish has a very pungent smell that almost burns because of the spiciness; however, it is a versatile vegetable whose root is extremely stimulating, rich in vitamin C, and tends to be sweeter. Better yet, it helps the body absorb and burn fat! Crème fraiche stabilizes the strong horseradish and creates a thick, beautiful, tasty sauce for the moist filets to pair with.
- 2 shallots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 filet mignon
- 5 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- Peel and chop the shallots and garlic.
- Cut the filet mignon into slices.
- Heat a frying pan with some butter. Add the shallots and garlic cloves. Cook until they become golden. Add the sliced beef and brown it on both sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lower the temperature and add the horseradish and creme fraiche. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and serve hot.