You have decided to make a decadent dinner for you and your loved one. Now you have to pick the main dish. This recipe for Filet Mignon with Camembert and Cider Sauce is rich, delicious and will make you feel like you are eating from a five star res…
aurant. The succulent filet mignon pairs perfectly with the palate pleasing sauce. Serve this mouthwatering meat entree up with your favorite vegetable and starch side for a complete and decadent dinner.
- 400 grams filet mignon
- 2 shallots (minced)
- cider (20 cl.)
- 1/2 camembert cheese (round)
- 3 tablespoons cream (15% fresh)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Slice the meat.
- Heat butter in a dutch oven.
- Add the minced shallots.
- Add the meat and brown.
- When everything is nicely browned, add the cider and mix gently.
- Remove the cheese rind and cut into pieces.
- Place the Camembert in the dutch oven and let it melt.
- Season with salt and pepper (not too much salt because the cheese is already salty).
- Before serving, add the cream, and mix gently.