Filet Mignon with Camembert and Cider SauceLolibox
You have decided to make a decadent dinner for you and your loved one. Now you have to pick the main dish. This recipe for Filet Mignon with Camembert and Cider Sauce is rich, delicious and will make you feel like you are eating from a five star restaurant. The succulent filet mignon pairs perfectly with the palate pleasing sauce. Serve this mouthwatering meat entree up with your favorite vegetable and starch side for a complete and decadent dinner.
- 400 grams filet mignon
- 2 shallots (minced)
- cider (20 cl.)
- 1/2 camembert (round)
- 3 tablespoons cream (15% fresh)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1Slice the meat.
- 2Heat butter in a dutch oven.
- 3Add the minced shallots.
- 4Add the meat and brown.
- 5When everything is nicely browned, add the cider and mix gently.
- 6Remove the cheese rind and cut into pieces.
- 7Place the Camembert in the dutch oven and let it melt.
- 8Season with salt and pepper (not too much salt because the cheese is already salty).
- 9Before serving, add the cream, and mix gently.