- 4 ounces filet (Beef, approximately 4 oz. /person)
- 4 button mushrooms (eachs, 4 or 5/person cut into quarters)
- 4 pearl onion (eachs, I used frozen par-cooked 4 or 5/per person)
- 4 carrot (eachs, I used bagged baby carrots 4 or 5/per person)
- 1 cup red wine (approximately ½ cup/person)
- 1 cup beef broth (no salt approximately ¼ cup/person)
- 4 ounces egg noodles (approximately 4 oz. /person)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- olive oil
- Fill a small saucepot with water and carrots; cook until the carrots are fork tender.
- Put approximately 1 tablespoon each of oil and butter in a sauté pan heat until butter starts to bubble.
- Sauté beef cubes until just seared, do not crowd pan, sauté in batches if necessary remove as the beef browns and place in a bowl.
- Deglaze sauté pan with the wine scraping brown bits (fond in culinary terms) on bottom of pan. Add one or two twigs of thyme, there is no need to strip the leaves, as it will be remove later. Continue to cook wine and thyme until wine is reduced by half, remove thyme set aside in bowl.
- Place approximately one tablespoon each of olive oil and butter in sauté pan Sauté mushrooms, carrots and onions until caramelized (salt and pepper the vegetables to taste). Put wine reduction, beef broth and vegetables in a sauce pot bring to a rolling simmer (at this time you should prepare noodles according to package directions). Add beef filet cubes with any accumulated juices to sauce pot turn off heat (the beef will warm through with the residual heat in the pot, caution do not overcook beef).
- Place cooked noodles on a serving plate, ladle beef, the vegetables and stock over noodles. Garnish with chopped parsley.
PER SERVING *
|Calories320Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.