- 4 pounds pork loin roast (boneless)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (about 2 oz., chopped)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup wild rice (cooked)
- 1 pint fig jam
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butterfly pork loin by cutting through roast horizontally to within 1/4 inch of the other side. Do not cut all the way through. Lay out flat onto a large sheet of heavy- gauge aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet. Heat a medium skillet over medium- high heat until hot. Add almonds and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until beginning to lightly brown. Remove from heat, add the white rice, wild rice and 1/2 of the fig preserves to the almonds and stir to blend.
- Spread the mixture on the pork loin up to 1 inch from the edges. Starting from the narrow end, roll up jelly-roll style so that the stuffing is in a spiral pattern. Wrap tightly with the foil and seal edges securely. Bake 1 hour or until meat probe registers 140 degrees F.
- Unwrap foil, spoon remaining fig preserves over pork and cook, uncovered, 15 minutes or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven. Place on cutting board and let stand about 10 minutes before slicing.