Summer and Fall will never be the same with these miniature fig-stuffed muffins. Smooth olive oil and thick, bitter figs come together perfectly and burst with flavor. These muffins are full-bodied bites of goodness. Brown sugar crystallizes the muffin dough, but also provides a distinct sugary aspect that is deeper than regular white sugar and keeps the muffins a golden-brown color. Be sure to not over-bake the center. You'll want to bite into a gooey dark epicenter that is bold, sweet, and tangy.
- 2 figs
- 60 grams brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Cut each fig in 4 pieces.
- 3Mix the sugar and eggs until the mixture is pale.
- 4Add the flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- 5Stir in the olive oil and mix well.
- 6Put 1 piece of fig in the bottom of each muffin mold.
- 7Pour a little batter on top and lightly push another piece fig into the batter.
- 8The fig should be higher than the batter.
- 9Bake for 20 to 30 minutes.